ModSquad Poll Shows “Human Touch” Important to Brand Trust
SAN FRANCISCO, CA., July 17, 2018 – Despite the hype about technologies like artificial intelligence completely automating consumer engagement, when it comes to brand trust, consumers may not be 100% on board. A survey conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of ModSquad reveals Americans rank engagement with a human customer agent as “very influential.”
The survey examined consumer brand trust in the shadow of recent compromised online and social media user data. Findings included:
- 70% are more concerned with how their information is handled by other online services in light of what’s happened with user data recently.
- Brand trust is wavering. Despite all the review sites and access to information consumers have today versus in 2013, 6 out of 10 are less sure or not sure about their trust in brands today.
With trust as the backbone for great customer engagement, the survey explored what influences respondents trust:
- Approximately 38% rank 24/7 access to a human agent as “influential” to their trust versus only 25% citing visibility to company’s leadership as influencing their trust.
- While friends and family are the most trusted sources for recommendations, 20% of Gen Z rank online communities and forums as second trusted source, indicating increasing influence of community-oriented engagement with younger consumers.
- For Millennials, news stories rank the lowest as a trusted resource for recommendations (7%).
“Consumers today don’t separate product from brand, so it’s important that companies think beyond pricing and features, and offer amazing experiences,” said Amy Pritchard, ModSquad founder and CEO. “For businesses serious about brand trust, this survey is a good reminder of how much human engagement influences consumers.”
Harris Interactive Poll Survey Methodology
The survey was conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of ModSquad from April 11–12, 2018 among a nationally representative sample of 1,050 U.S. adults age 18 and older.
ModSquad is a global provider of on-demand digital engagement services, known as ModSourcing: Outsourcing Modernized. We offer expert-level service in customer support, moderation, social, and community. Our Mods engage customers and communities on a personal level across online, mobile, e-commerce, in-game, application, and social media channels. We service clients in 70 countries, with the capacity to respond in 50+ languages and dialects.