Webosaurs Taps Metaverse Mod Squad for Community Services
• SACRAMENTO, CA /May 1, 2009 – Metaverse Mod Squad today announced that Reel FX Entertainment has engaged it for the community management, moderation, and customer support needs of Webosaurs, a dino-centric virtual world set to be unleashed in summer 2009.
• The only online destination where KIDS rule the earthTM, Webosaurs will feature customizable 3D-dinosaur avatars, a game-filled prehistoric environment, and educational “Webosodes” from international wildlife expert Nigel Marven. The site will offer safe social networking, action-packed gaming, and edutainment for kids ages 5-10.
• Heading the efforts as community manager for Webosaurs is Tamara Brown, who was recently named Metaverse Mod Squad’s Director of Community Development. Brown joins Metaverse Mod Squad from TheWB.com, where she was the online network’s managing editor and production manager.
• Brown’s first responsibility is to oversee a safe social networking environment for Webosaurs, which upon launch will be moderated 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Brown will also lead efforts to develop a loyal community of users, manage the community’s day-to-day operations, and lead the Metaverse Mod Squad moderation and customer support teams.
• “Keeping kids safe is our top priority,” says Reel FX/Webosaurs director Jacques Panis. “Metaverse Mod Squad will not only make our world safer, but it also brings extensive knowledge of community building strategy and customer care. We are very pleased to have them join the Webosaurs team.”
• “With Webosaurs, Reel FX has created an incredibly exciting online destination for kids,” says Amy Pritchard, CEO of Metaverse Mod Squad. “We are thrilled to be a part of such a unique project that stands out from the competition with its sophisticated look and educational and gaming components. We look forward to building a best-in-class community of users.”
# # #
For a pdf of the release, click here.
About Reel FX Creative Studios:
Reel FX Creative Studios is an integrated group of award-winning design and production studios that produce extraordinary animation, visual effects, entertainment content, commercials, and conceptual designs. With digital studios in Dallas and Santa Monica, Reel FX’s seasoned artists and producers collaborate with clients at every stage of the process, from original concept to visual development through production to final frame. The Company’s collaborative environment and proprietary technologies are key tenets to our creative and production philosophies. See our entertainment work at www.reelfx.com and award winning design and commercial work from our design studio Radium at www.radium.com.
About Metaverse Mod Squad:
Metaverse Mod Squad avatars and the people behind them work in online communities to promote brands, entertain audiences, and protect the safety of children. From community managers to moderators to customer support teams, the company works with marquee clients to create exciting, safe, and profitable experiences in virtual worlds, MMOs, and online message boards. For more information, please see www.metaversemodsquad.comThis entry was posted in Moderation. Bookmark the permalink.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
Get a weekly roundup from the world of ModSquad.