Sharon Duke Estroff Named Director of Youth Strategy
Author and Educator to Lead Digital Outreach to Parents and Youth, Special Projects
• SACRAMENTO, CA – Metaverse Mod Squad announced today the appointment of Sharon Duke Estroff as its Director of Youth Strategy. In this new role, Sharon will develop communication strategies aimed at parents and youth in the digital age and head special projects. She will also become a regular voice on the company’s blog.
• Sharon brings a unique combination of credentials to the company, including an impressive background as a writer, blogger, speaker, educator, and parent.
• She is the author of the popular parenting book, Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah? (Random House, 2007) and writes parenting features for over 50 local, regional, and national publications. Her feature story in the February 2009 issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine titled, “I Was an Undercover Penguin: One Mom’s Journey Through a Kid’s Online World” received nationwide attention in both parenting and virtual world circles. Shortly after, she launched her “Undercover Mom” blog on Net Family News, where she posts about her adventures in the trenches of children’s virtual worlds. Her straightforward advice on raising children in the digital age has made her a sought-after speaker, sharing her wisdom with parenting audiences in scores of cities throughout the United States and Canada.
• Prior to kicking off her writing, blogging, and speaking careers, Sharon taught for a decade and a half in Atlanta public and private elementary schools. Known for her creative and experiential style, she was name Best Day School Teacher in Atlanta 2001 by a popular local publication.
• Sharon launched an innovative Atlanta day camp called “Epstein Summer Adventure” which immerses children in simulated worlds depending on their individual interests. She is the creator and director of the “Math Sharks” academic enrichment program and an educational consultant with Perimeter Psychological and Educational Consultants in Atlanta.
• Sharon earned a B.A. at Emory University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa. She earned her master’s degree in education and conducted post-graduate research in child psychology at Emory and Duke Universities.
• Sharon lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband, four school-age children, and two ill-behaved dogs. www.sharonestroff.com
About Metaverse Mod Squad:
Metaverse Mod Squad avatars and the people behind them work in online communities as community managers, moderators, and customer support teams. Since 2007, the company has joined with marquee clients around the world to create exciting, safe, and profitable experiences in virtual worlds, MMOs, and online message boards. For more information, please see www.metaversemodsquad.comThis entry was posted in Best Practices, Moderation, News and Events, Offbeat and tagged sharon duke estroff, Virtual Worlds, youth strategy. Bookmark the permalink.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
Get a weekly roundup from the world of ModSquad.